The ESB Brighter Future Arts Fund in partnership with Business to Arts will support artists working with partner organisations on creative ideas that will engage the public in a positive way around sustainability and the energy transition. The projects can be in any art form, and the fund is open for applications until 8th September 2021.
Through the Fund, ESB will support projects that imagine a more sustainable world, look towards a brighter future, consider the steps necessary to get there, and the importance of this in tackling climate change. These artworks and arts projects can be in any art form that takes place on the island of Ireland including visual arts, spoken word, music, theatre and much more.
Artists are encouraged to work in collaboration with a partner organisation such as festival, venue or event organisers, arts, community, environmental, technological or heritage/architectural organisations or another funding agency to develop and realise their work and projects.
Themes or Interests
- What does a Brighter Future look like?
- A low-carbon future
- Best-practice in environmental sustainability
- Addressing environmental issues and sustainable development goals
- Enhancing participation of communities and audiences in the environment
- Active partnership between artists and partner organisations
Size of Grants
Grants may be requested in the range of €20,000 – €40,000 (or STG equivalent). The total amount available through the ESB Brighter Future Arts Fund open call is €120,000 – €140,000. This means we expect between 4 and 6 artworks / arts projects to be funded.
- Applications with larger budgets that have secured funds elsewhere are encouraged to apply
- Applications with larger budgets must demonstrate proof of other funding secured and disclose the relevant funding source
- Applications can be for 100% of the budget required
Tue, 13 July, 2021: Open for applications
Tue, 20 July, 2021: Webinar 1: General Overview & How to Apply – register here
Thurs, 20 May, 2021: Webinar 2: Audience, Budget, & Evaluation – register here
Wed, 8 September, 2021, 5:00pm: Deadline for applications
Before 31 Oct, 2021: Applicants informed by email
March 1 2022 — December 31 2023: Artwork / Arts Project Realisation
How to apply
- Visit businesstoarts.ie/artsfund/esb/
2. Review the eligibility requirements to ensure the suitability of your application
3. Click ‘Enter Here’
4. Register your details with our application system (please ensure you click the link in your verification email. You will not be able to start your entry until you do this.)
5. Complete your application
6. Ensure you submit your application before 5:00pm on Wednesday 8th, 2021
Should you require assistance, please consult the FAQs available here or sign up to our upcoming webinars:
- Tue, 20 July, 2021: Webinar 1: General Overview & How to Apply, 1:00pm – 2:00pm (register here)
- Thurs, 22 July, 2021: Webinar 2: Audience, Budget, & Evaluation, 1:00pm – 2:00pm (register here)
If you have any technical difficulties with your application, please contact The Fund team by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +353 1 662 9238 and they will be able to assist you.
ESB Brighter Future Arts Fund in partnership with Business to Arts
Business to Arts & Fund it
Lower Ground Floor, 17 Kildare Street
Dublin 2, D02 CY90
CHY: 9871 Company No.: 134968 RCN: 20024741
T: 353 (01) 662 9238
Social: @businesstoarts @ESBGroup #BrighterFutureArtsFund
Start your application here today!