Culture Night Dublin is inviting proposals from professional artists, born in or currently living in County Dublin, for ‘Dublin: The Liminal Space’. Three artist commissions, to the value of €2,000 each, are being supported by Dublin City Council.
A new initiative for Culture Night 2020, this project invites professional artists operating in any discipline to propose an activity that responds to the urban geography of Dublin City, to be presented as part of Culture Night 2020 on Friday 18th of September.
The word “liminal” comes from the Latin root, limen, which means “threshold.” The liminal space is the “crossing over” space – a space where you have left something behind, yet you are not yet fully in something else.
How to Apply:
Culture Night Dublin invites professional artists to submit applications for consideration for this commission. Applicants must have been born or currently live in County Dublin.
We are inviting artists to submit a document, labeled with the name of the artist or artist team and must include:
• A one page project proposal outlining the artist statement, ideas and concepts for the project, budget and timeline. A visual representation may also be included as a separate page.
• A current one-page CV that includes examples of previous work.
Applicants are invited to submit a project proposal that fulfils the following criteria:
• Responds in some way to the urban geography of Dublin City
• Can be accessed safely by socially distanced and/or online audiences
• Visually / audibly / sensorially impactful
• Carries a message or conveys a clear narrative
Successful applicants will be expected to deliver the activity as part of Dublin’s Culture Night programme on Friday 18th of September 2020.
Work intended for online platforms should be pre-recorded and submitted to the Dublin Culture Night team by Friday 11th of September 2020.
The total inclusive budget of €2,000 should include: artist’s fees, any other professional service fees, materials and fabrication, insurance, transportation, travel, accommodation.
See link below for further details.