The Role is to assist the Louth County Council Culture Team in advancing the objectives of the County Louth Culture and Creative Strategy 2018-2022. The Project Assistant will report to the Louth County Council Creative Ireland Coordinator. The Creative Ireland Programme is a five year all-of-Government initiative to place creativity at the centre of public policy. It is guided by a vision that every person in Ireland will have the opportunity to realise their full creative potential. Appropriate training, academic qualification and relevant work experience in a multidisciplinary team environment and/or in project / event management is required. This is a Part Time contract (18.5 hours per week) for 40 weeks.
Closing date is Friday 15th March at 5pm
Louth County Council reserves the right to shortlist on the basis of information supplied on the application. It is therefore in your own interest to provide a detailed and accurate account of your qualifications and experience relevant to the role on the application form. The candidates shortlisted will be invited to attend for Interview on Tuesday 26th March. Applications must be submitted by email only in Word or PDF format to Mary.Capplis@louthcoco.ie.
About Creative Ireland
The Creative Ireland Programme is a five year all-of-Government initiative to place creativity at the centre of public policy. It is guided by a vision that every person in Ireland will have the opportunity to realise their full creative potential.
Please see https://www.creativeireland.gov.ie/en/creative-communities/louth for Creative Ireland Louth plan.
Louth County Council invites applications for the post of Project Assistant County Louth Creative Ireland Programme. This is a 40 week contract based on 18.5 hours per week.
To assist the Louth County Council Culture Team in advancing the objectives of the County Louth Culture and Creative Strategy 2018-2022. The Project Assistant will report to the Louth County Council Creative Ireland Coordinator.
Experience & Qualifications
- Appropriate training, academic qualification and/or relevant work experience in a multidisciplinary team environment and preferably in project / event management.
- Minimum of two years experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of the Creative Ireland Programme.
- Experience in developing stakeholder relationships.
- Experience working within a multi disciplinary team.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and the proven ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent and proven IT skills with knowledge of all Microsoft applications (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), website updates, online surveys and social media.
- Ability to implement strategies successfully.
Remuneration is €15.00 per hour or €277.5 per 18.5 hour week.
The project assistant can work remotely in between meetings with Louth County Council Creative Ireland Coordinator, Louth County Council Culture Team and community stakeholders.
Insurances and indemnification
The project assistant shall effect and maintain insurance (Public Liability (€6.5m) and Employers Liability where applicable) necessary to cover their liabilities under this contract and will indemnify Louth County Council. This is to be forwarded 1 week from date of signing contract and is to be valid when each invoice is being submitted for payment.
- The successful contractor must submit a current tax clearance certificate and may be required to be registered for VAT. For further information, see www.revenue.ie.
- Payment for services covered by the proposed contract will be on foot of appropriate invoices, which will be based on agreed deliverables. Invoicing arrangements will be agreed with the successful proposer, following the award of contract.
- The appointment will be on the basis of a fixed-term, all-inclusive Contract for Services issued by Louth County Council.
- The successful contractor shall be Garda vetted by Louth County Council.
- Contractors are required to have access to a car and possess a full clean driving licence.
- Louth County Council reserves the right not to award this contract and in this instance reserves the right to pursue other selection processes at its discretion.
Selection shall be by means of a competition based on an interview conducted by or on behalf of the Louth County Council Culture Team. A panel may be formed on the basis of such interviews. Louth County Council reserves the right to shortlist candidates in the manner it deems most appropriate. Short listing will be on the basis of information supplied on the application form. It is therefore in your own interest to provide a detailed and accurate account of your qualifications/experience relevant to the role on the application form. The candidates shortlisted will be invited to attend for interview on Thursday 26th March 2019. Any expense incurred by candidates in attending for interview is the responsibility of the candidate. Louth County Council will require the person to whom appointment is offered to take up the appointment within a period of not more than two weeks and if the person fails to take up the appointment within such period or such longer period as Louth County Council in its absolute discretion may determine, Louth County Council will not appoint him/her.
There will be a 10 week probationary period.
Written applications are invited from persons with the relevant experience to undertake this position. Applications must be submitted by email only in Word or PDF format to Mary.Capplis@louthcoco.ie
LOUTH COUNTY COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SHORTLIST CANDIDATES IN THE MANNER IT DEEMS MOST APPROPRIATE
HOURS: 18.5 hours per week
PLACE OF WORK: Flexible, including Louth County Council, Dundalk
CONTRACT TERM: 40 weeks with 10 week probationary period
SALARY: €277.6 per week
TO APPLY: Email CV and Max 1 page cover letter
SEND TO: Mary Capplis at email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Friday 15th March
INTERVIEW DATE Tuesday 26th March
START DATE: Monday 15th April 2019